December 15, 2011

Catching Up for December

DroppedStrikeThree is not dead! I'm just taking it slow this offseason. If you were expecting knee jerk commentary to every piddly signing the Phillies make, then I'm sorry but you've been reading the wrong blog! If you insist, I'll summarize my thoughts on the Phillies hot stove as follows:
But I digress... The fact of the matter is, I won't rush to judgement until I at least see a few batting cage swings during Spring Training. In the mean time, I give you another round of links to tide you over:
    • Someone who DOES chronicle the Phillies every move in a much more refined writing style than you'll ever find on my blog is Tim over at "Dawn in Philadelphia." It reads more like a chapter book than a blog, but it's incredibly well done. Bookmark this one because if the Phils go on to win a World Series in 2012, this will become the kind of bedtime reading you can whisper to your grandchildren. 
    • Today is the last day to get your vote in for the final player on the Phillies mural that will face the Schuylkill River at 24th and Walnut. Personally, I think they went a little heavy with new players so I voted for Del Ennis. His career in a Phillies uniform was just as impressive as the rest, but he has local roots.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment