March 9, 2011

Lunch Time Link Dump

  • A very solid memorabilia show on April 1-3rd at Granite Run Mall. Scott Eyre, Darren Daulton, Juan Samuel, Chris Coste, Steve Bedrosian, Wilson Valdez, Rich Dubee, etc. Last time I saw Dutch at a signing, he smelled like a drunken mall Santa... no lie.
  • FantasyBaseballCafe.com is a pretty decent site for fantasy news. The forums are pretty nice if you want instant feedback from fellow players, but the site itself has a ton of information too.
  • I'd really love to play some old school Strat-O-Matic baseball. Who wants to buy me one? The history behind the game is really interesting! If my son came to me and told me that he wants to quit school and sell a made up board game out of my basement, I'd say "who are you? I don't have any kids!" But even if I did, I'd probably disown him. 
  • Not necessarily baseball related, but the history of Buffalo Wings! We're planning a stop at the Anchor Bar when we head to Toronto. The Kaminski family mentioned in the 2nd half of the article that bottles the recipe for the original creators... I roomed with the son in college. That's my claim to fame and we had hot sauce by the gallons in our house. 

      No comments:

      Post a Comment