June 3, 2011

Pat, Where Do You Get All Those Awesome T-Shirts?

I'm glad you asked... because today's lazy blog post just so happens to be about t-shirts! I'm working on one of my own (sample), but for now you're gonna have to shop elsewhere. You can slide on over to the Majestic Store and buy some sweet Cliff Lee Designed Camo Shirts... or take my advice and go with something a little more original (and a whole lot less d-bagish). Consider this my handy shopping guide to the summer season...

The Fightins/Birdland is always a good place to start. The resurrected TheFightins.com is back to their old tricks with timely t-shirt designs. They add a few new designs every month or so, though they've been known to get some of their artwork pulled by the man. Which only means that my "Uts" Chase Utley Hoodie is a collector's item! Their shirts are affordable, and always arrived for me within a few days. I have about 7 of them...

A new favorite of mine is Where's Weems? line of Weems Wear. They offer up most of their stuff in American Apparel shirts which fit a little more slim and have a bit of stretch to them. The slightly weathered look is what all the hipsters are going for these days. High quality stuff.

A favorite of my wife, Cheesesteak Tees does a nice job at covering all four sports and they also compile a lot of other designs from other web companies. Some of their stuff is a little cheesy for my taste. If you buy a shirt that says "ill" on the front and think it's clever than chances are you're going to be living at your parents house for the rest of your life. 

One of my favorite shirts is the Uncle Cholly shirt that I have, but sadly I've pretty much worn a hole in it. And even more sadly, it doesn't seem to be available anymore. Philly Phaithful does, however, have some other pretty nice designs. Another site that churns out shirts for all 4 sports, but there are a few diamonds in the rough.

And what list would be complete without the classics from ZooWithRoy.com. Frequently on sale for us donkeys if you check out the bolg as well! I have about 6 of these shirts and get the same confused looks every time I wear one. What do penguins have to do with the Phillies? Well, if you have to ask, then you probably shouldn't know. Also known to be worn by famous local rock stars who pose with bloggers.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats to the guys that made this list. It breaks my heart that I didn't make the cut. But then again... maybe that's alright.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll be sure to make a Volume 2 later in the summer!

    ReplyDelete